View and manage your landing page URL.
You can change your page default URL by clicking ‘Click to change’ located under ‘Page Default URL’. In the form that appears, enter the desired URL.
Setting up a custom URL
Step 1 - Create A Custom Domain on Pagewiz
You can do this in two ways:
- From the top menu -> 'Domains' -> 'Add New Custom Domain'
- Click the 'Click to Change' button under the 'You haven't set up a custom URL yet' message and then click ‘(+) Add new domain’
Now you can choose between adding a root domain (for example: www. MyDomain.com), or a sub-domain if your root domain is already in use (for example: Marketing.MyDomain.com). Usually we recommend LP.YourDomain.com
A root domain is a URL address that has the WWW prefix. A sub-domain is a URL address with a different prefix.
Now you can select your custom domain from the drop-down menu and click 'Save'.
Step 2 - Connect Your Landing Page to The Custom Domain
You can connect any landing page you have created with Pagewiz to the custom domain you've created in Step 1:
- Click 'Landing Pages'
- Select your landing page's 'Settings' page.
- Choose 'Page URL' (on the left hand side).
- Click 'Click to Change', under the You haven't set up a custom URL yet message.
- Select your custom domain from the drop-down menu and click 'Save'.
- Navigate to the 'Status & Statistics' section and make sure your landing page status is Published.
Step 3 - Create a CNAME Record inside Your Hosting Account
Contact your hosting service provider and ask them to create a CNAME record for the domain that you just added. This record should point to p1.pagewiz.net
We have prepared a sample request for you, so feel free to use it. All you need to do is copy the sample into an email message, change the domain name placeholders to your domain name, and email it to your hosting service provider.
Dear hosting provider,
I would like to add a CNAME record for the domain name [www. MyDomain.com]. The record should be for [www. MyDomain.com] and the value should point to p1.pagewiz.net
Don't forget to change the domain name inside the [brackets].
- To run a Google Adwords campaign, make sure to connect your landing pages to a custom domain, as the Pagewiz default domain is already in use and Google doesn't let multiple Adwords accounts use the same domain name.
- Make sure you create the CNAME record for a sub-domain that isn't currently used by any online website. You can easily check if the domain is in use by going to the address in a browser tab. If an online website already uses this address, choose another name for your sub-domain.
- It may take up to 24 hours for this change to take effect on the web.
You can check to see if your CNAME record is updated using http://mxtoolbox.com.
Here's how a valid CNAME record looks for the following-sub-domain: lp5.pagewiz.com
Congratulations! You now have your landing page served on your custom URL!
Creating a 301 redirection
If you want your landing page available on both MyDomain.com AND on www. MyDomain.com do the following:
Ask your hosting provider to create a 301 redirection from MyDomain.com (without the www) over to www. MyDomain.com (with the www). This will ensure that anyone trying to access your domain with or without the www prefix ends up in the same place, and you do not miss any potential visitors.
Integrated Pagewiz Domain
NameSilo, a US based domain registrar, has created a one-click DNS integration with Pagewiz - thus eliminating the need of manually setting up your domain's CNAME record. Contact NameSilo to purchase your integrated Pagewiz domain.